Fri , 21-2-2014 2860 views
Updates on the prison ministry
‘Our journey… is about progress, not perfection. We’re dealing with adversity. But you’ll be amazed how much distance you can cover taking it in increments. Little things add up; inches turn to miles. We string together our efforts like so many pearls, and before long…you have a whole strand!’.
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,” col 3:23
"I envy you. I want to have what makes you so persistent and caring. You come to us with joy and enthusiasm as if we were the best people in the world" G
"Please come and pray with me. That's the only thing that could drive away my nightmares." Sh
"We could see a big difference in the life of Sh after your visit. Please visit him more often." Rabbi responsible in that prison
By the Lord’s direction and the help of Nikolay the Russian speaking co-worker, alongside 15 other volunteers from different churches working on one accord, we had the opportunity to successfully do “Around Christmas Celebrations” where we visited and gave presents to 300+ local inmates, 170 illegal foreign workers & 750 Eritreans & Sudanese. Some were already saved either before being arrested or at previous visits that we did. Others heard the message of salvation with joy and responded to it, yet for some, it wasn't their time. According to them, they still need time to settle things. Some even didn’t show at the “party”. We explained: “I tell you, now is the time of God’s favour, now is the day of salvation.” 2cor 6:2
Please continue praying for:
· the follow up during the year round visits. Anis and Nikolay go together strengthening those who accepted the Lord and trying to reach new ones.
· the monthly support for those who have no families to care for them and are attending the year round bible study that we hold, putting money in their canteens for food, clothing, payment for the dentist or to buy reading glasses…etc….
· peace amongst the Eritrean refugees. Every year we could visit around 2000 of them but not this year. Riot is ruling in their detainee centers.
· Post prison Christian houses. This is becoming a big issue and we fail to find who to care for those who are free now. We have one ex prisoner living with us now for three years but as we don’t have the team/staff to help care and pastor them we cannot have more.
· follow up with their children and families. The Lord has blessed the House of Light and we could send some of their children to summer camps or swimming courses.
“Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.” 2 Thes 3:16
“The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.” Rom 16:20